Hotel room blocks 101
Booking a hotel room block can seem like a daunting and complicated task. We’ve created a helpful guide to learn the tricks of the trade so you and your group can easily find and book the perfect hotel.
Hotel room blocks at a glance
- Generally consist of 9 or more hotel rooms.
- Useful for reserving hotel rooms for groups at a fixed, pre-negotiated rate.
- Courtesy room blocks are more flexible, with no financial commitment, but typically have a booking deadline.
- Guaranteed room blocks require that a certain percentage of rooms will be booked in order to avoid a penalty. They may also require a deposit to secure the room block.
- Room blocks are finalized by signing a Booking Agreement.